Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shingle Shed and Shifty Shack 12

This is the foundation as it stands now. . . after dry brushing.



The uncarved bits are where it will be set into the ground.  I may go back and paint it one more time.  I wanted the foundation to look "cool" in order to warm up the wood.  If I were to go back, I would just repeat the previous procedure, building up more layers, but shifting the color slightly.  Before I decide whether I want to do that or not, I am going to take a look at it in the daylight. 

My desk lights, and the T5 fixtures in the workshop are all lamped with 3500k color temperature florescent bulbs, which are pretty darn good for color--all the same, I like for the models to look good under daylight or artificial lighting, so, before making big decisions I like to check both.  A good excuse to take a break after the sun goes down!

No comments:

Post a Comment