Tuesday, May 31, 2016
A retro post from late Spring 2016..... I promise, we're catching up.
The Dick Kerr Project reached a stopping point when we relocated. To be honest, however, I was at a frustrating juncture because I had designed the pieces based on what I thought were the limits of the Formlabs Form 1. As it turns out, the parts I designed were right at the limits, and probably slightly beyond judging by the success rate and the gymnastics I had to do to print them consistently.
Enter Form 2. Thanks to a loyalty upgrade, I switched Form 1 for Form 2. Before I reworked any files I went ahead and set up prints with the existing file. All I can say is that the improvements to the peel mechanism, resin level management and laser power make a difference. Taken together with the addition of a tank heater, the machine is a dream. Resolution is much more consistent.