Sunday, December 23, 2012

Video Extra: Laser Registration

I received an e-mail from a friend asking about how I achieved registration between artwork and a cut file (as in the Paper Boxcars).  I thought it would be another good item to illustrate with a bit of video.  The only problem, of course, is that the uploaded video displays a Moire pattern due to the curved lines of the model art and the You Tube video compression.  Needless to say, I am still learning.



The featured projects have yet to appear here, but will soon!  While you can't see the peeling paint very clearly, it is a texture from Clever Models.  I've purchased several of their textures and I'm a big fan of their work, so be sure to have a look.

I know that Thom Miecznikowski had been exploring the idea of using KNK craft cutters in to cut out building textures and I was very interested in that line of thinking.  I'm looking forward to posting my experiments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment