Sunday, July 28, 2013

MRR Contest Build 04

The deadline associated with the contest is a real advantage for me.  In less than 3 weeks I'm going to have to make a video of a completed shelf layout.  For me that means having some rolling stock, structures and scenery that all looks "of a kind", meaning that the colors and level of finish work together.  

Here are my first three shots at weathering N scale freight cars, I spent no more than five minutes on each, and used three colors, linen, raw sienna, and jet black:



When working in O scale, and on larger items, I tend to take a very long view.  Working in such a short time frame is helping me to see that one can work fast, and work well, and get good results.  While I don't see myself changing course in O scale, I am beginning to appreciate how the a layout might be more than a sum of its parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment