Monday, November 26, 2012

Shingle Shed and Shifty Shack 14

It's been a while since I worked on the Shingle Shed, but I made some progress.  I took a break from freight cars and cleaned the workshop.  In the process, I found some doll house molding that I misplaced.  I had bought it with the intention of using it for the eaves of the shed.  Finding this lost treasure was all it took to get me back into the building.

I gradually finished out the corner boards and eaves. The roof is a double layer of chip board, and the tar paper is used tea bags colored with acrylics.  There is still some detailing to do, but the thermal enclosure is done.  Looking back at this earlier paper model makes me realize how much more efficient I have become.  There are several spots in the shingle shed that are over engineered.  I am going to have to look back at the Virgin Church, and see if I can't speed that along in light of my realization.

Too bad that the module that this will go on does not even have a baseboard.  Thinking that I am over complicating those too, and need to get my head out of my behind and accelerate that process with a simpler construction technique.  Plenty time to think about that while I dawdle weathering and finishing the shed. . .  .

Just as a side note, I did use that Tite Bond 3 to glue things together. .  . it only looks like I drink it.